To educate women globally in ways to reduce their risk of breast cancer and prevent its recurrence.
The Healthy Breast Program
The Healthy Breast Program is an intensive twelve-part learning program designed to educate women and girls in reducing their risk of breast cancer and assisting recovery from the illness using natural therapies in conjunction with conventional diagnostic and treatment options. The Healthy Breast Program encompasses lifestyle, diet, nutritional therapies, breathing practices, kundalini yoga, meditation, exercise and psycho-spiritual work. Click here to see upcoming courses, and here to see testimonials from previous course participants.
The program was developed by Sat Dharam Kaur, N.D., as first described in her books, A Call to Women: The Healthy Breast Program and Workbook, published in 2000; and The Complete Natural Medicine Guide to Breast Cancer, published in 2003. Sat Dharam has been educating women in aspects of the Healthy Breast Program since she graduated from the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine in 1989, and now teaches the program internationally. She trains others to teach the program and co-founded the MammAlive Foundation, a non-profit organization that supports and coordinates Healthy Breast Educators and educates women globally in ways to reduce their risk of breast cancer.
The Healthy Breast Program is comprised of three learning streams, each consisting of 12 modules:
- The Healthy Breast Foundations Program is accessible to everyone and is recommended as the pre-requisite for the Healthy Breast Practitioner Program and the Healthy Breast Yoga Program.
- The Healthy Breast Yoga Program, is accessible to all but is also designed as a training program for KRI certified Kundalini Yoga teachers to teach and educate women about breast health using a 12 module yoga series.
- The Healthy Breast Practitioner Program, provides more detailed information on treatment strategies and is designed for health care practitioners such as MDs, NDs, DCs, nutritionists, nurses, massage therapists, acupuncturists, osteopaths and herbalists.
Click here to learn more about our three different streams.
This program is for:
- Women and girls who want to reduce their risk of breast cancer
- Women who have increased breast density or those who are at higher risk of breast cancer
- Women newly diagnosed with breast cancer
- Women who are undergoing or have completed conventional treatments
- Licensed health care practitioners, yoga teachers and/or institutions who want to learn more and/or utilize our resources to help their clients and students.
- Kundalini Yoga teachers who want to teach the Healthy Breast Yoga Program
You will learn to:
- Develop a positive relationship with your breasts; breast self-massage, monthly breast self-exams
- Regulate your response to stress to decrease risk factors
- Uncover and shift core beliefs that make you more susceptible to illness
- Practice breathing exercises, Kundalini yoga and meditation to bring you into balance
- Understand and eliminate environmental risk factors for breast cancer.
- Monitor hormone levels annually through blood, urine and saliva testing
- Correct hormonal imbalances using naturopathic therapies whenever possible
- Monitor minerals annually through urine and blood testing and removal of toxic metals
- Adopt the Healthy Breast Diet
- Use specific nutritional supplements to maintain breast health
- Regularly detoxify the liver, colon, kidneys and lymph.
- Regularly use saunas, specifically to remove environmental chemicals that may disrupt hormone function or initiate breast cancer.
- Detect and eliminate “hidden” infection (bacterial, fungal or viral), particularly in the mouth and teeth
- Promote healthy bowel flora through supplementation of probiotics and fructo-oligosaccharides.
- Maintain correct acid/alkaline balance through dietary changes and mineral balance.
- Improve lymphatic circulation through daily rebounding exercises and yoga for the lymphatic system
- Use meditation, imagery and visualization to activate your capacity to heal, increase melatonin levels and to enhance immunity
- Exercise your assertiveness and release anger and to expand joy, meaning, purpose and prayer
- Experience the components of The Healthy Breast Program in a support group.
“Material was massive – covering many topics/areas of interest that were most helpful. From daily nutrition, hormones, nutritional support, detox, all the symptoms to lymphatic drainage was helpful – my concern was lymphatic drainage so I appreciated the helpful presentation.” ~ E.F.
Click here to see our course testimonials.
Click here to see all our upcoming programs.
Click here to see our community of professionals and teachers.