About This Course
Are you passionate about breasts? Want to learn how to care for them, as well as the rest of your beautiful body-mind-spirit?
The Healthy Breast Foundations Program is a stand alone program for optimizing breast health and reducing the risk of breast cancer. It is the introductory course for the Healthy Breast Program, and consists of 12 hour-long recorded powerpoint webinars with Sat Dharam Kaur ND guiding you through the many facets of breast health – hormonal, environmental, dietary, nutritional, psychological and spiritual, as well as a live hour-long session each week for discussion. Each of the twelve modules includes a home practice program.
If you take the full course, you will be provided with the Healthy Breast Foundations pdfs to easily assimilate and integrate the material in each module. Each class has been recorded and is available to you to listen to. The online discussion will be through Zoom – I will send you the link once you register. There is no charge for you to use Zoom.
You will also have access to 12 online meditation videos as part of the course.
This format of the Healthy Breast Foundations Program is an Online course consisting of 12 modules.
- Understand the pattern of breast cancer globally
- Discover the top twelve tips for breast health and other protective intervention strategies
- Evaluate your personal risk factors and protective factors in relationship to breast health
- Integrate an exercise regimen into your life
- Learn breathing practices to promote healing
- Make a conscious choice about improving your health
- Become comfortable with your breasts
- Learn breast self-examination
- Explore emotional states linked with breast health
- Become familiar with common breast screening techniques and diagnostic metabolic tests
- Learn Kundalini Yoga exercises for breast health and emotional balance
- Discover how to improve lymphatic circulation
- Understand lymphedema and how to prevent it
- Learn how movement supports the lymphatic drainage of our breasts
- Learn and practice breast self-massage
- Develop a self-care routine to improve lymphatic drainage
- Develop a basic understanding of hormones and their relationship to breast health
- Recognize personal causes of hormonal imbalance and how to address them
- Create and implement your personal Hormone Balancing Plan
- Learn a meditation to help induce sleep and raise melatonin levels
- Become familiar with the environmental risks to breast cancer and reduce your exposure
- Understand the effects of electromagnetic fields and radiation on health
- Recognize environmental contaminants and how to protect yourself from them
- Develop your own environmental protection action plan
- Learn and practice yoga and meditation to strengthen your magnetic field
- Transition to a Healthy Breast Diet, focussing on consuming the top 20 breast-friendly foods
- Learn which foods contain cancer fighting phytochemicals
- Learn about the fabulous five phytoestrogens
- Learn which foods help to maintain ideal blood sugar levels
- Learn which spices help to inactivate cancer promoting genes
- Learn which foods and spices have the most antioxidants
- Keep track of your diet success with the Dietary Checklist
- Know which foods contain the most pesticides and which are safer to eat
- Learn and practice Kundalini Yoga exercises to regulate appetite
- Learn to optimize blood sugar levels
- Learn to optimize pH levels
- Learn how to decrease inflammation
- Restore a healthy gut microbiome
- Discover the Top 16 Supplements for Breast Health
- Increase tissue oxygenation with breathing exercises
- Create your personal supplement regimen
- Understand the natural process of detoxification
- Learn the six phases of toxicity
- Discover how to detox heavy metals and chemicals
- Develop a simple detox regimen that works for you
- Explore and discard limiting beliefs, replacing them with healthy beliefs
- Learn to acknowledge and release anger.
- Identify other unhealthy emotional and thought patterns and transform them.
- Discover the components of your immune system and how to empower them
- Reconnect with the wisdom of your body
- Explore the mind/body interface in health and healing
- Develop your capacity to listen to your body and recognize the signs of doing too much
- Develop the capacity to be assertive
- Create healing imagery and use it to replace self-destructive thoughts
- Use visualization to support your immune system
- Redefine what calls you
- Uncover your interests, passions and gifts
- Create a destiny statement
- Imagine seeds of possibility for your future
- Create a wellness mala
- Create a Meaning Mandala
- Conquer any perceived limitations
- Develop an attitude of gratitude
- Create your personal altar
- Invoke a healing dream
- Use a gratitude journal
- Rediscover prayer as a means for connection and healing
- Discover a gateway to the spirit through illness
- Gain a new perspective on health and illness
- Become familiar with the Environmental Creed
- Design and commit to a daily spiritual practice
- Piece together your personal toolkit for self-healing
- Become an active participant in your health-care
- Assemble your support team of healthcare allies
Sat Dharam is a certified Kundalini Yoga teacher trainer and instructor, author, and naturopathic doctor practicing in Owen Sound, Ontario. She has studied Kundalini Yoga with Yogi Bhajan since 1976 and has facilitated teacher training programs in Toronto (ON), Canmore (AB), and New Mexico. She developed the Beyond Addiction program ... more
The course is very well organized and offers in-depth material that benefits all women, regardless of whether breast cancer has affected their lives or not. I highly recommend it!
Certification is available to you to become a Healthy Breast Educator after completion of the course and after handing in the written assignments relevant to each of the twelve modules, as well as a video of you teaching one full module to a client or group. To be certified as a Healthy Breast Educator, you also need to be a member of the MammAlive Foundation and attend at least 3 bimonthly meetings a year. For guidelines for Healthy Breast Educators, see Healthy Breast Educator Info June 2021
Location & Dates
Online, Anywhere worldwide
In the online 12 week webinar series, you will study one module per week accompanied by a manual, 12 pre-recorded or live webinars with weekly group facilitation and a home practice program.
The next course runs Jan 7, 2022 through to Apr 1, 2022. We’ll meet for 12 Fridays, from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. EDT (Toronto time) for a lively discussion of the weekly module (no class March 25). You will view the pre-recorded webinar of the weekly module before the live discussion, and be ready with questions and comments during the discussion. The weekly webinars range from about 40 minutes to 2 hours in length. We encourage you to submit your home practice work weekly in order to qualify as a Healthy Breast Educator.
You may also take the program as a self-study and start anytime.
Module 1: Introduction to the Healthy Breast ProgramJan 7, 2022|40-120 Minute Webinar; 60 minute discussion each Friday|Taught by Sat Dharam Kaur N.D.
Module 2: Get to Know Your BreastsJan 14, 2022|40-120 Minute Webinar; 60 minute discussion each Friday|Taught by Sat Dharam Kaur N.D.
Module 3: Improve Lymphatic CirculationJan 21, 2022|40-120 Minute Webinar; 60 minute discussion each Friday|Taught by Sat Dharam Kaur N.D.
Module 4: Make Sense of the Hormone PuzzleJan 28, 2022|40-120 Minute Webinar; 60 minute discussion each Friday|Taught by Sat Dharam Kaur N.D.
Module 5: Heal Yourself, Heal the EarthFeb 4, 2022|40-120 Minute Webinar; 60 minute discussion each Friday|Taught by Sat Dharam Kaur N.D.
Module 6: Foods for Breast HealthFeb 11, 2022|40-120 Minute Webinar; 60 minute discussion each Friday|Taught by Sat Dharam Kaur N.D.
Module 7: Nutritional Strategies for Breast HealthFeb 18, 2022|40-120 Minute Webinar; 60 minute discussion each Friday|Taught by Sat Dharam Kaur N.D.
Module 8: Detoxify Your Whole BodyFeb 25, 2022|40-120 Minute Webinar; 60 minute discussion each Friday|Taught by Sat Dharam Kaur N.D.
Module 9: Empower Your Immune SystemMar 4, 2022|40-120 Minute Webinar; 60 minute discussion each Friday|Taught by Sat Dharam Kaur N.D.
Module 10: Ignite Your Passion and PurposeMar 11, 2022|40-120 Minute Webinar; 60 minute discussion each Friday|Taught by Sat Dharam Kaur N.D.
Module 11: Live with Gratitude, Intuition and PrayerMar 18, 2022|40-120 Minute Webinar; 60 minute discussion each Friday|Taught by Sat Dharam Kaur N.D.
Module 12: Let Your Radiance ShineApr 1, 2022|40-120 Minute Webinar; 60 minute discussion each Friday|Taught by Sat Dharam Kaur N.D.
Full course: $400 + HSTRegister for this Course