About This Course
This course will be taught by Sat Dharam Kaur ND, combining the Healthy Breast Foundations Program with the Healthy Breast Yoga Program.
The Healthy Breast Foundations Program is a stand alone program for optimizing breast health and preventing breast cancer. It is the introductory course for the Healthy Breast Program, and is the prerequisite for the Healthy Breast Practitioner’s Program and Healthy Breast Yoga Teacher Training Program, which are geared towards licensed health practitioners and anyone interested in yoga applications for breast health, respectively. It consists of 12 modules with Sat Dharam Kaur ND guiding you through the many facets of breast health – hormonal, environmental, dietary, nutritional, psychological and spiritual. Each of the twelve modules includes a home practice program.
The Healthy Breast Yoga Program includes 12 different kundalini yoga sessions, focussed on various aspects of breast and whole body health. Each of the yoga sessions includes a pranayam, kriya (series of asanas) and meditation, in the style as originally taught by Yogi Bhajan.
You will be provided with the Healthy Breast Foundations and the Healthy Breast Yoga workbooks to easily assimilate and integrate the material in each module. The course combines lecture (40%) with Kundalini Yoga (40%) and small group exercises (20%).
If you are a health care practitioner, you may also want to take the Healthy Breast Practitioner Program at the Canadian College of Naturopathic Medicine Jan 19-21, 2018. Click here for details.
The Healthy Breast Foundations and Yoga Program is an In-Person course consisting of 12 modules, taught over 6 days.
- Understand the pattern of breast cancer globally
- Discover the top twelve tips for breast health and other protective intervention strategies
- Evaluate your personal risk factors and protective factors in relationship to breast health
- Integrate an exercise regimen into your life
- Learn breathing practices to promote healing
- Make a conscious choice about improving your health
- Understand the breath cycle
- Learn and Practice Long Deep Breathing and alternate nostril breathing
- Develop greater flexibility of the spine, and hence, improved nervous system transmission
- Learn and practise the Basic Breath Series, the Basic Spinal Series and the Seven Wave Sat Nam
- Become comfortable with your breasts
- Learn breast self-examination
- Explore emotional states linked with breast health
- Become familiar with common breast screening techniques and diagnostic metabolic tests
- Learn Kundalini Yoga exercises for breast health and emotional balance
- Practice Kundalini Yoga exercises for breast health and emotional balance
- Clear unhealthy thought patterns, emotions and memories
- Activate the lymphatic system for breast health
- Notice what gets in the way of you loving yourself
- Align with spirit to stimulate healing
- Discover how to improve lymphatic circulation
- Understand lymphedema and how to prevent it
- Learn how movement supports the lymphatic drainage of our breasts
- Learn and practice breast self-massage
- Develop a self-care routine to improve lymphatic drainage
- Improve health using breathing exercises
- Practice yoga and meditation techniques to improve lymphatic drainage
- Develop a yogic self-care routine to move the lymph
- Connect and call on the universal magnetic field for support
- Develop a basic understanding of hormones and their relationship to breast health
- Recognize personal causes of hormonal imbalance and how to address them
- Create and implement your personal Hormone Balancing Plan
- Learn a meditation to help induce sleep and raise melatonin levels
- Practice a breathing exercise to regulate sleep and body rhythms
- Gain a basic understanding of glands and hormones
- Use Kundalini Yoga and meditation to balance your hormones
- Become familiar with the environmental risks to breast cancer and reduce your exposure
- Understand the effects of electromagnetic fields and radiation on health
- Recognize environmental contaminants and how to protect yourself from them
- Develop your own environmental protection action plan
- Learn and practice yoga and meditation to strengthen your magnetic field
- Practice yoga and meditation to offset electromagnetic pollution and strengthen your magnetic field
- Become mindful of the thoughts and emotions you are projecting through your magnetic field and consciously “try on” new thoughts and emotions that will help you create the reality you want
- Transition to a Healthy Breast Diet, focussing on consuming the top 20 breast-friendly foods
- Learn which foods contain cancer fighting phytochemicals
- Learn about the fabulous five phytoestrogens
- Learn which foods help to maintain ideal blood sugar levels
- Learn which spices help to inactivate cancer promoting genes
- Learn which foods and spices have the most antioxidants
- Keep track of your diet success with the Dietary Checklist
- Know which foods contain the most pesticides and which are safer to eat
- Practice Kundalini Yoga exercises to regulate appetite and assist in body cleansing
- Become more mindful in your cooking and eating practices.
- Use meditation to shift your thoughts to promote health and wellbeing
- Learn to optimize blood sugar levels
- Learn to optimize pH levels
- Learn how to decrease inflammation
- Restore a healthy gut microbiome
- Discover the Top 16 Supplements for Breast Health
- Increase tissue oxygenation with breathing exercises
- Create your personal supplement regimen
- Increase tissue oxygenation with breathing exercises
- Use Kundalini Yoga to help balance the menstrual cycle
- Attune to the Primal Feminine Power, recognizing her strength in
- Understand the natural process of detoxification
- Learn the six phases of toxicity
- Discover how to detox heavy metals and chemicals
- Develop a simple detox regimen that works for you
- Explore and discard limiting beliefs, replacing them with healthy beliefs
- Learn to acknowledge and release anger.
- Identify other unhealthy emotional and thought patterns and transform them.
- Unload mental-emotional toxicity and your karmic debt through meditation
- Assist whole body detoxification with Kundalini yoga and breathing
- Discover the components of your immune system and how to empower them
- Reconnect with the wisdom of your body
- Explore the mind/body interface in health and healing
- Develop your capacity to listen to your body and recognize the signs of doing too much
- Develop the capacity to be assertive
- Create healing imagery and use it to replace self-destructive thoughts
- Use visualization to support your immune system
- Discover the components of your immune system and how to empower them using Kundalini Yoga
- Use a breathing exercise to help balance the autonomic nervous
- Use a meditation to become integrated and aligned with your higher self
- Redefine what calls you
- Uncover your interests, passions and gifts
- Create a destiny statement
- Imagine seeds of possibility for your future
- Create a wellness mala
- Create a Meaning Mandala
- Conquer any perceived limitations
- Use a breathing exercise to conquer your imagined disabilities and clear your path
- Open to your intuition and release any blocks
- Use Kundalini Yoga and meditation to conquer one’s limitations, balance the pituitary gland and stimulate healing
- Develop an attitude of gratitude
- Create your personal altar
- Invoke a healing dream
- Use a gratitude journal
- Rediscover prayer as a means for connection and healing
- Discover a gateway to the spirit through illness
- Incorporate prayer into your life
- Develop your intuition through meditation
- Use Kundalini Yoga and meditation to invite a fulfilling future
- Gain a new perspective on health and illness
- Become familiar with the Environmental Creed
- Design and commit to a daily spiritual practice
- Piece together your personal toolkit for self-healing
- Become an active participant in your health-care
- Assemble your support team of healthcare allies
- Use pranayams to dispel inner anger, cleanse the subconscious and bring neutrality and balance
- Use Kundalini Yoga to build the immune system and protect the breasts
- Use a mantra meditation to expand your radiance
- Continue to practice Kundalini Yoga and/or meditation daily – decide on a 40 day practice
Sat Dharam is a certified Kundalini Yoga teacher trainer and instructor, author, and naturopathic doctor practicing in Owen Sound, Ontario. She has studied Kundalini Yoga with Yogi Bhajan since 1976 and has facilitated teacher training programs in Toronto (ON), Canmore (AB), and New Mexico. She developed the Beyond Addiction program ... more
“Material was massive – covering many topics/areas of interest that were most helpful. From daily nutrition, hormones, nutritional support, detox, all the symptoms to lymphatic drainage was helpful – my concern was lymphatic drainage so I appreciated the helpful presentation.” ~ E.F.
Certification is available to you to become a Healthy Breast Educator and/or a Healthy Breast Yoga Instructor after completion of the course and after handing in the written assignments relevant to each of the twelve modules, as well as a video of you teaching one full module to a client or group.
To certify as a Healthy Breast Yoga Instructor, you must first be certified as a Kundalini Yoga Teacher, and would need to submit a second video of you teaching the yoga portion. Check here for upcoming Kundalini Yoga teacher training programs.
Anyone is invited to attend the program, but certification as a Healthy Breast Yoga Instructor is available only to KRI certified Kundalini Yoga instructors who have also completed the Healthy Breast Foundations Program. This course combines both programs, so you will be eligible to be certified as both a Healthy Breast Educator and a Healthy Breast Yoga Instructor after completing the home practice program for each course and submitting a video of you teaching.
Location & Dates
Location: Trillium Healing Arts, 235 9th St E, Owen Sound, ON, Canada
Dates: Jan 13-18, 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Accommodation can be at local hotels and B&Bs in Owen Sound, or you may stay, hostel style, at the studio, for $15/night.
Lunches will be provided.
Call 519 372-9212 for accommodation details.
Full course: $800 + HST (Foundations + Yoga Program)
Cost does not include accommodation but does include catered lunches based on the Healthy Breast Diet.Register for this Course